Oil and Pipelines Agency (OPA) - Audit Risk & Assurance Committee (ARAC), Chair and Non Executive DirectorClosed
|Body:||OIL AND PIPELINES AGENCY - OPA|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Defence|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Charity & Public Sector, Defence, Regulation|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The total salary for this position would be £12,000 per annum for 20 days a year and reasonable travelling expenses where meetings are occasionally held at locations other than the OPA’s London Offices, in accordance with OPA policies|
|Time Requirements:||6-8 meetings per year - up to 20 days|
Closed for Applications
09/09/2021 at 00:00
Final Interview Date
Kate Ellis Added 09/08/2021
Chair of OPA • Other Panel Member
Political Activity No Notes -
Mark Preston Added 09/08/2021
MOD Board Representative • Representative of Organisation
Political Activity No Notes -
Philip Greenish Added 09/08/2021
Chair of Council, University of Southampton • Independent Member
Political Activity Yes Notes Member of the Liberal Democrats
Non-Executive Director, OPA Board Member & Chair of the Audit, Risk & Assurance Committee
The role is responsible for providing financial, commercial and business advice, objectivity and scrutiny of Board business, corporate governance and propriety guidance and stewardship to the OPA Board, the Chief Executive and his/her Senior Leadership Team.
The person must ensure that the OPA observes the highest standards of propriety and follows best practice in relation to its stewardship of public funds. The Chair of the OPA ARAC is responsible for providing assurance to the Board that the OPA is following best practices of corporate governance, risk assessment and mitigation management (including information assurance risk and holding the Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) to account and is delivering the necessary outputs and impacts required, through challenging performance objectives and targets. The ARAC Chair has responsibility to ensure the Committee reviews systems for fraud deterrence and detection, reports of fraud incidents, cyber-security potential risks and incidents, action taken and lessons learnt.
The successful candidate is required to attend approximately 6-8 OPA Board Meetings per year and visit OPA operated facilities. They will also chair the (ARAC), held approximately 4 times a year and will be a member of the Remuneration & Nomination Committee, which meets 4 times a year. Meetings are generally planned to occur on the same day.
This is not intended to be a limiting or prescriptive role description and post holders may be tasked with other duties/responsibilities from time to time in keeping with their skills and experience.
The role requires high moral stature, excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy and strategic vision with the ability to positively influence those inside and outside of the Agency who impact on the strategic direction of the organisation.
Candidates must demonstrate all of the following essential criteria:
- Board-level experience including experience of chairing a sub-committee;
- A professional accountancy qualification such as CIPFA, CIMA, ICAEW, ACCA or IACAS or similar;
- Experience of audit and risk management and the ability to demonstrate sound financial risk and performance management; approving and scrutinising the allocation of resources to achieve plans using clear, consistent and comparable performance information;
- Experience of current corporate governance best practice;
- An engaging and collaborative working style with the ability to adapt to a range of partners whilst demonstrating leadership and influencing skills;
- Sound judgment, analysis and decision-making skills; and the ability to provide a challenging and supportive role to the OPA Chair and Chief Executive Officer.
- Held a senior financial and risk management position at Director level within the private sector for at least 5 years;
- Knowledge of the workings of Statutory Public Corporations and /or Arm’s Length Bodies;
- Knowledge of Managing Public Money.
Please see attached OPA Members Code of ConductReturn to Search