Oil and Pipelines Agency (OPA) - Non-Executive DirectorClosed
|Body:||OIL AND PIPELINES AGENCY|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Defence|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Charity & Public Sector, Defence, Regulation|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£11,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||3 years - 20 days per annum - 8 meetings per annum|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Kate Ellis Added 27/04/2021
Chair of OPA • Senior Independent Panel Member
Mark Preston Added 27/04/2021
Director for Sponsorship and Organisational Policy • Departmental Official
Moi Ali Added 27/04/2021
Consultant • Independent Member
OPA INDEPENDENT BOARD MEMBER & MEMBER OF THE AUDIT, RISK & ASSURANCE COMMITTEE
The role is responsible for providing independent commercial and business advice to support and challenge the OPA’s expansion agenda across Defence. As an Independent Board Member, the role includes responsibilities for objectivity and scrutiny of the Board business, corporate governance and propriety guidance and stewardship of public funds.
The successful candidate is required to attend approximately 8 OPA Board Meetings per year and visit OPA operated facilities. The Board Member will also be a member of the of at least one of the Committees, which meets 4 times a year, normally on the same day following the OPA Board Meetings, as well as the Audit, Risk and Assurance Committee. The ARAC Chair, MOD NED and other representatives from OPA sit on the ARAC. The role will include specific project support to the Chair and CEO in development of commercial and business elements of the OPA Strategy.
The role requires high moral stature, excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy and strategic vision with the ability to positively influence those inside and outside of the Agency who impact on the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Board-level experience with sound background in, commercial and business development particularly at a strategic level with an ability to challenge organisational performance using clear, consistent and comparable key performance indicators, holding an organisation to account for its performance, continued improvement and risk management;
- Experience within a major hazard industry or similarly regulated organisation;
- Demonstrable ability to assist development of strategic 5 Year and 10 year plans as well as current tactical business plans in support of the OPA’s growth agenda both within MOD and in the commercial world.
- An engaging and collaborative working style with the ability to adapt to a range of partners whilst demonstrating leadership and influencing skills; demonstrate the ability to provide a challenging and supportive role to the Chief Executive and the senior leadership team;
- Sound judgment, analysis and decision-making skills;
- An enthusiasm and a desire to support the successful delivery of OPA’s challenging agenda.
- Experience of current corporate governance best practice;
- Knowledge of the workings of Statutory Public Corporations and /or Arm’s Length Bodies;
- Knowledge of Managing Public Money.
- Experience of financial risk
|40982_OPA_NED_Code of Conduct|
|40982_OPA_NED_Disable Confident Scheme Declaration|
|40982_OPA_NED_Campaign information Pack|