PAT 150069 - One Barrister and One Solicitor of the Criminal Procedure Rule Committee.Closed
|Body:||Criminal Procedure Rule Committee|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Justice|
|Sector:||Judicial, Prison & Policing|
|Location:||The role is based in London|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||Please note that no remuneration is payable. Reasonable standard travel expenses are payable.|
|Time Requirements:||8 days per annum, for four-year tenure.|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Matthew Gould Added 18/02/2019
Deputy Director, Criminal Courts and Criminal Law Policy Unit.
Lord Justice Haddon-Cave Added 18/02/2019
Senior Judge representing the Lord Chief Justice. • Representative of Organisation
Secretary of the Criminal Procedure Rule Committee. • Departmental Official
Charlotte Black Added 18/02/2019
Eligibility criteria and person specification
Applicants must have the qualification required either by section 70(2)(h) or by section 70(2)(i) of the Courts Act 2003, namely;
- a person who has a Senior Courts qualification and who has particular experience of practice in criminal courts; or
- a person who has been authorised by a relevant approved regulator to conduct litigation in relation to all proceedings in the Senior Courts, and who has particular experience of practice in criminal courts.
Applicants will be assessed against the following essential criteria:
- experience suited to the appointment;
- commitment to the simplification and reform of criminal procedure;
- availability for service on the Committee (a commitment of at least 8 days a year);
- ability to reflect to the Committee the views of other practitioners; and against the following additional criteria;
- participation in a relevant professional or representative body;
- familiarity with the administration of the criminal courts; and
- familiarity with legislative drafting.
For successful candidates, confirmation of appointment will be subject to basic clearance checks, covering confirmation of identity and right to work in the UK plus a criminal record check. This will involve completion of several paper and electronic forms and can take up to five weeks to process.
If you have any questions about any aspects of this post, you are welcome to contact Campaign Manager, Kathy Malvo by e-mail at Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org .
|Supporting-documents -to complete|