POLICE AND NATIONAL CRIME AGENCY REMUNERATION REVIEW BODIES MEMBERS
|Body:||Police and National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Bodies|
|Appointing Department:||Home Office|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Prison & Policing|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£300 per day|
|Time Requirements:||The expected time commitment is 20 days per annum (possibly up to 30 days).|
Closed for Applications
W/C 21 October
Final Interview Date
W/C 9 December
Acting Head Police Workforce and Professionalism Unit, Home Office • Departmental Official
Chair of the Review Bodies • Representative of Organisation
Director, Office of Manpower Economics • Other Panel Member
Olivia Grant OBE
The Home Office is seeking to appoint two Members to the Police and National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Bodies. As a Member your key responsibilities will be to work corporately to:
- assess the evidence of the Government, employers and their representatives, the relevant staff associations and trade unions; and
- contribute effectively to the Review Bodies’ consideration of annual recommendations to Government.
With guidance from the Chair of the Review Bodies, you will also have responsibility to:
- consider the parties’ written evidence, views and proposals;
- take oral evidence from the parties;
- assimilate information and data on pay, policy, economic, workforce and financial matters;
- weigh evidence and undertake independent analysis;
- meet groups of officers and managers/leaders; and
- formulate conclusions, making recommendations to the Government.
Part one – Essential skills and Experience
- Senior level experience in HR.
- The ability to operate at a strategic level within a complex organisation.
- A broad understanding of pay, remuneration, performance management and reward issues.
- An appreciation of the policy, financial and operational constraints that impact on remuneration decisions.
- Analysis and interpretation – the ability to analyse and make judgments from complex data and contribute to workable recommendations on complex and sensitive issues.
- Intellectual flexibility – a sharp and clear thinker who can absorb complex information, whilst maintaining a focus on national policy interests.
- An appreciation of the law enforcement sector.
- Private sector experience.
Part Two – Personal abilities and behaviours
- Strong communication, interpersonal and engagement skills – the ability to gain respect and keep the confidence of key stakeholders, including Ministers and senior Government officials, through effective communication and influencing skills.
- High standards of corporate and personal conduct – demonstrate a sound understanding of and strong commitment to equal opportunities, public service values and principles of public life, enabling you to act impartially and uphold the independence of the Review Bodies.
The successful candidates will be required to have or to obtain security clearance to Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) level. Pre-appointment checks will also be undertaken on immigration and criminal convictions. It usually takes between 4-5 weeks to obtain the security clearance. The role will be offered on a conditional basis until the successful candidate has passed all checks.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for these positions, please supply the following by 23:00 on Sunday 20 October.
- A comprehensive CV (maximum two sides A4, minimum 11 font) setting out your career history and including details of any professional qualifications.
- A short supporting statement (maximum two sides A4, minimum 11 font) giving evidence of the strength and depth of your ability to meet the essential criteria for the role. Please provide specific examples to demonstrate how you meet each of the experience, qualities and skill areas identified in the person specification.
- In addition, please also complete and return via email the forms at Annex B, relating to referees, diversity, nationality, political activity and conflicts of interest.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|180926 - PNCARRB Members - Candidate Pack -Final|