Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust - ChairAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Applicants should have strong connections with Portsmouth or the surrounding areas|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration for this role is £40,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average, it will require 2 to 3 days a week|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Melloney Poole as Chair of Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust from 1 November 2017 to 31 October 2021. Mrs Poole will receive a remuneration of £40,000 per annum.
Date: 18/10/2017View Announcement
Closed for Applications
07/09/2017 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
We are recruiting a Chair for Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of Portsmouth Hospitals by sharing your talents and expertise to help transform the Trust and make a positive difference to your community.
Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of acute services at the Queen Alexandra Hospital that are vitally important to the people of Portsmouth and the surrounding area. The Chair will provide the leadership needed to secure improved healthcare services for patients and the local community and be responsible for ensuring that the Trust makes the most of the impetus and fresh perspectives provided by its new leadership team to address the strategic challenges it faces.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
To request an information pack please contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
Find out more
Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Mark Cubbon, Chief Executive, please contact his PA on 023 9228 6770.
Veredus Executive Search is helping us to identify potential candidates. If you would like a confidential discussion about the role please contact Annette Sergeant, Director on 020 7932 4393 / firstname.lastname@example.org or David Rason, Head of Research Health on 020 7932 4212 / email@example.com
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for receipt of applications: 11am on 7 September 2017
- Preliminary interviews with Veredus: early-mid September 2017. Long-listed candidates will be invited for a preliminary interview with Annette Sergeant of Veredus at their city offices. To facilitate this, we will share your application with Veredus. Feedback from these interviews will be given to the panel and contribute to shortlisting.
- Stakeholder engagement: There will be a stakeholder event between 12.30 and 4pm on 20 September 2017 at the Trust HQ, Queen Alexandra Hospital. The short-listed candidates will be invited to meet key stakeholders ahead of the panel interview to discuss how they will approach the role and find out more about the Trust, its goals and values. Feedback from these sessions will be given to the panel.
- Interview date: 27 September 2017 in Central London
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
- confirm your preferred email and telephone contact details