Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Cornwall.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£10,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require an absolute minimum of 3 days a month, however the time commitment may vary and a flexible approach should be taken.|
Closed for Applications
20/12/2019 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director at Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will commercial experience at a senior level ideally in a business based in Cornwall.
The Trust is committed to having a Board that represents the communities they serve. We particularly welcome applications from people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in Chair and NED roles. RCHT are keen to diversify their Board in every way.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
- Board level or equivalent experience
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Mairi Mclean the Chairwoman of the Trust, please contact Lynsey Neave on 01872 256343
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org