Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£13,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||Part time|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Isobel Down as Non-executive Director of Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust from 10 February 2022 to 9 February 2024. She is entitled to receive a remuneration of £13,000 per annum and has declared no political activity in the last five years. Further information may be available at https://www.royalcornwall.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust (RCHT). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will bring senior board or executive level expertise within large complex organisations in one or more of the following areas:
- Information management and technology with a focus on digital services. Senior level experience of implementing digital transformation in a health or related setting would be desirable
- Public health senior leadership experience, understanding of health inequalities and an appreciation for whole system working
- Significant senior level experience engaging with the diverse social, economic and cultural groups and communities served by the Trust
- Senior HR or Finance expertise gained at a strategic level within a large, complex organisation
The Trust is committed to having a Board that represents the communities we serve. We particularly welcome applications from people from the black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in Chair and NED roles. RCHT is keen to diversify their Board in every way.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
- actively model behaviours which demonstrate RCHT’s values
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should ideally live in or have strong connections with Cornwall and surrounding area/counties, though with the advent of technology-enhanced meetings, applications from further afield from exceptional candidates will also be considered.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Dr Mairi McLean, Chairwoman of the Trust. Please contact Hayley Corley, Personal Assistant to the Chairwoman on email@example.com
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|S2377 Monitoring Form|
|S2377 NHS NED Info Pack RCHT|