Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust - Non-executive Director and Associate Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
31/05/2018 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director and an Associate Non-executive Director at Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
Non-executive Director post – You will have senior level clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role
Associate Non-executive Director – You will previous senior or board level transformational change experience gained in large, complex organisations. Organisational development expertise gained at a strategic level would be an advantage.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Modelopens in a new window. The Associate Non-executive Director role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate Non-executive Directors cannot participate in any formal vote at Board. The successful candidate for the Associate role will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a Non-executive Director of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise and they have the appropriate skills.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Getting in touch.
For an informal and confidential discussion with Jim McKenna the Chair of the Trust, please contact Ange Humby on 01872 252263
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to email@example.com
|20180427 S1671 Monitoring Form|
|20180525 S1671 information pack|