Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Body:||Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust|
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
02/09/2022 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospital NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust. The successful candidate will Chair either the Audit and Risk Committee or the Finance and Performance Committee.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior or board level finance experience with a recognised financial qualification.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the areas served by the trust.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Getting in touch
- If you would like an informal discussion on the role, please contact Daniel Conway – Associate Director of Corporate Governance/Company Secretary on 07812 771 022 or email@example.com
- If you are successful in being shortlisted an informal and confidential discussion with Sir David Nicholson, the Chair of the trust will be arranged.
- NHS England – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|Information pack M2615|
|Monitoring Form M2615|