School Teachers’ Review Body - ChairClosed
|Body:||School Teachers’ Review Body|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Education|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£350 per day|
|Time Requirements:||Approximately 30 days per annum|
Closed for Applications
Week beginning 13th April 2020
Inform applicants of outcome
By mid-May 2020
Final Interview Date
Week beginning 1st June 2020
By end July 2020
Competition closing date extended until 11pm on Sunday 15th March.
Teaching Workforce Directorate • Departmental Official
Director of the Office of Manpower Economics • Representative of Organisation
Non-Executive-Director, DfE • Senior Independent Panel Member
As Chair of the STRB, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction to the STRB in fulfilling its functions as a public body; and for delivering high quality recommendations in response to the matters that have been referred to the STRB by the Secretary of State. You will do this by:
• leading the work of the STRB in a way that deals comprehensively with the matters that have been referred to it; where necessary challenging existing assumptions; making effective use of the skills and expertise of the other members of the STRB; and providing effective challenge to the evidence and representations that are submitted to the STRB by the wide range of consultees;
• shaping the development of the STRB’s response to remits from the Secretary of State, including analysing written and oral evidence, reaching decisions, considering draft reports and official records of the round;
• effectively managing stakeholder relationships, recognising stakeholders’ differing priorities and perspectives (e.g. trade unions);
• effectively chairing meetings of the STRB, including representation sessions with consultees;
• managing the conduct of STRB business, operating in accordance with legal requirements (e.g. to ensure its approach is in line with equality legislation) and the code of conduct for board members of public bodies;
• representing the views of the STRB to consultees and the wider public.
Applicants will be assessed against the following criteria. In your application you should demostrate clearly how you meet each of these requirements of the post.
• Expertise of providing strong leadership at a senior level in a complex organisation.
• A detailed knowledge and understanding of pay, remuneration, performance management, labour market and reward issues and a strong understanding of the policy, financial and operational constraints that impact on remuneration decisions, especially in the public sector.
• Expertise in analysing and interpreting detailed information such as statistical and economic data and information on legal, policy and HR matters and to draw appropriate conclusions.
• Able to command the respect of others quickly, particularly those of opposing views, and to facilitate agreement across a wide range of perspectives and attitudes.
• Experience of chairing a group with diverse skills and experience to reach a well–founded consensus.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to challenge and engage courteously with others in debate and logical argument.
To find out more about the board and what we do visit the website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/school-teachers-review-body/about
|Candidate Application Form|
|STRB Chair - applicant pack|