School Teachers' Review Body MemberAnnounced
|Body:||School Teachers' Review Body|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Education|
|Location:||National - travel to London is required|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||Expenses, an attendance allowance of £300 per day is payable, along with reimbursement for reasonable travel and subsistence costs.|
|Time Requirements:||This is a ministerial appointment and will initially be for up to three years. The time commitment for this position is approximately 25 days per year|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Martin Post and Lynn Lawrence have been appointed to serve on the School Teachers’ Review Body (STRB).
Martin will serve from October 2019 and Lynn from September 2019 for 3 years.
Remuneration for both roles is £300 a day for an estimated time commitment of 25 days a year.
Neither Martin nor Lynn have declared any political activity. Details of conflicts of interest can be found on the OME Review Body Members: register of interests.
STRB makes recommendations on the pay, professional duties and working time of school teachers in England.
STRB is an advisory non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for Education. Board member appointments are made by the Secretary of State for Education.
Date: 22/07/2019View Announcement
Closed for Applications
21/02/2019 at 17:00
Final Interview Date
22/07/2019 at 18:00
Deadline for applications extended.
Deputy Director, School Employment Division, Department for Education and Chair of the Selection Panel • Departmental Official
Dr Patricia Rice
Chair of the STRB • Representative of Organisation
Director of the Office of Manpower Economics • Representative of Organisation
DfE Non-Executive Board Member • Independent Member
The School Teachers’ Review Body (STRB) is an independent body which makes recommendations to the Government on the pay and conditions of school teachers in England.
The STRB is now seeking to fill a vacancy, and is looking to recruit a former educational leader.
- Recent senior leadership experience within an educational setting, for example, a former headteacher.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of workforce issues and operations within an educational setting, including recruiting, retaining and motivating an effective teacher workforce.
- An understanding of pay, remuneration, performance management and reward issues and an appreciation of the policy, financial and operational constraints that impact on remuneration decisions.
- The ability to analyse and interpret a large amount of complex and sensitive information, providing insight and a working knowledge over the impact of any potential decisions on the teacher workforce.
- An ability to communicate effectively in collective decision making, providing sound argument and assessing/debating conflicting opinions within a group to form a coherent set of recommendations.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities, public service values and principles of public life and the ability to act impartially and uphold the independence of the STRB
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents by email to:
- A Covering Letter – including a supporting statement giving evidence of your ability to meet the essential criteria for the roles.
- Please provide specific examples to demonstrate how you meet each of the experience, qualities and skill areas that have been identified as being essential for the roles.
- A CV with your education and professional qualifications, and full employment history – please indicate which of your previous roles best demonstrate the criteria detailed in the role specification.
- Candidate Application Form
- Diversity form
- Guaranteed Interview Scheme (if applicable)
Please include the vacancy title in the subject box. If submitting your application by email, please submit your applications documents as separate attachments.
Alternatively, you can send your application via post to:
HR, Public Appointments
Please note applications will be assessed on the documentation provided. Please refer to the advert and checklist to ensure you have provided the necessary documentation. We will assess it based solely on documentation provided.
Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt when sending by email and post.
Please note, feedback will not be provided unless applicants are unsuccessful at interview
|Public Appointments Privacy Notice|
|Guaranteed Interview Scheme|
|Diversity Monitoring Form|