School Teachers' Review Body MemberClosed
|Body:||School Teachers' Review Body|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Education|
|Location:||National - travel to London is required|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||Expenses, an attendance allowance of £300 per day is payable, along with reimbursement for reasonable travel and subsistence costs.|
|Time Requirements:||This is a ministerial appointment and will initially be for up to three years. The time commitment for this position is approximately 25 days per year|
Closed for Applications
21/02/2019 at 17:00
Final Interview Date
Deadline for applications extended.
Deputy Director, School Employment Division, Department for Education and Chair of the Selection Panel • Departmental Official
Dr Patricia Rice
Chair of the STRB • Representative of Organisation
Director of the Office of Manpower Economics • Representative of Organisation
DfE Non-Executive Board Member • Independent Member
The School Teachers’ Review Body (STRB) is an independent body which makes recommendations to the Government on the pay and conditions of school teachers in England.
The STRB is now seeking to fill a vacancy, and is looking to recruit a former educational leader.
- Recent senior leadership experience within an educational setting, for example, a former headteacher.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of workforce issues and operations within an educational setting, including recruiting, retaining and motivating an effective teacher workforce.
- An understanding of pay, remuneration, performance management and reward issues and an appreciation of the policy, financial and operational constraints that impact on remuneration decisions.
- The ability to analyse and interpret a large amount of complex and sensitive information, providing insight and a working knowledge over the impact of any potential decisions on the teacher workforce.
- An ability to communicate effectively in collective decision making, providing sound argument and assessing/debating conflicting opinions within a group to form a coherent set of recommendations.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities, public service values and principles of public life and the ability to act impartially and uphold the independence of the STRB
|Public Appointments Privacy Notice|
|Guaranteed Interview Scheme|
|Diversity Monitoring Form|