Seafish Industry Authority -Non-Executive ChairClosed
|Body:||UK Fisheries Administrations; Seafish Industry Authority (Seafish), Scottish Government, Welsh Government and Northern Ireland Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Sectors:||Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Location:||Edinburgh and Grimsby|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£18,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||30 days a year|
Closed for Applications
23/10/2017 at 18:00
Final Interview Date
Neil Hornby Added 27/09/2017
Defra Director Marine and Fisheries • Departmental Official
George Burgess Added 27/09/2017
Scottish Government • Representative of Organisation
Lizzie Noel Added 27/09/2017
Non-Executive Board member, Ministry of Justice • Independent Member
Sir Harry Studholme Added 03/10/2017
Forestry Commission Chairman • Other Panel Member
The Chair will lead the Board, set the overall strategic operational direction of Seafish, ensuring good governance to allow Seafish to carry out its work efficiently, effectively and economically, holding the Executive to account.
The non-executive Chair of the Seafish will be independent of the sea fish and sea food industry and have no financial or commercial interests that affect them in their role on the Board.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate all of the following essential criteria:
1. The ability to provide effective strategic leadership and support the reform of a complex and dynamic UK-based delivery organisation during a challenging period of change in a political and stakeholder influenced environment.
2. The ability and capacity to champion and be an ambassador for Seafish by clearly communicating its strategic direction and mission to support a profitable, sustainable and socially responsible future for the seafood industry.
3. The ability to engage and influence a diverse group of senior stakeholders and partners to deliver a top quality service to customers.
4. The ability to build an effective team culture, create consensus and find practical solutions both within the Board and in the way the wider organisation does business.
5. Proven expertise in financial and resource management, audit and governance.
We actively encourage applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. Defra operates a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for disabled people.
|1_Seafish- Chair Advert|
|2_Seafish -Chair Information Pack|
|3_Public Appointments Guidance notes|
|4_Monitoring form 1|
|5_Monitoring form 2|