Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust, Non-executive Director
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£13,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
28/10/2021 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior or board level experience and bring a range of professional expertise as well as community understanding and experience. Your life experience and personal motivation will add valuable personal insights such as: a patient or carer of a service user; engaging with diverse ethnic, cultural, social and economic and cultural groups and communities.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
• work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
• bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
• hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
• shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the Shropshire area.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Nuala O’Kane, the Chair of the trust. Please email her directly on n.o’email@example.com
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing Miriam.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net.
|Monitoring Form M2485|
|NED Info Pack Shropshire Community|