Solent NHS Trust, ChairAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Applicants must live in Southampton, Portsmouth or wider Hampshire.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£35,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a week|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.View Announcement
Closed for Applications
20/11/2018 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
05/02/2019 at 12:00
Join a leading community and mental health NHS Trust as Chair and help us shape the future of local healthcare.
Solent NHS Trust is an ambitious and forward thinking Trust of 3,500 employees who share a vision to make a difference by keeping more people safe, well and independent at, or close to, their own homes.
Connected by their values and culture they specialise in providing high quality, high value community and mental health services to our communities in Portsmouth, Southampton and parts of Hampshire.
Solent NHS Trust believe in joined up care, the championing of out of hospital, local, integrated care services and they aim to be the partner of choice with other service providers to help them achieve this. To ensure they deliver the highest quality, and safest services they foster a culture of continuous improvement, they learn from their service users, and they invest in the development, and improvement of their people.
The Trust has taken a leading role in the development of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) because they believe in the future of local, integrated care. Their communities need to be empowered to stay well, to help shape future care, and where possible, be cared for at home. By working as a care system, and leading where possible, they believe they can shape that future care system.
With their current Chair due to retire early next year, we have an exciting opportunity for an individual to become Solent NHS Trust’s next Chair, and lead their experienced board to support the Trust. The Chair should bring a depth of leadership, and gravitas that is aligned to the ambitions of the board, and the Trust. You will have drive, energy and enthusiasm and play a vital part in the delivery of the Trust’s vision, and the execution of their strategy. Most of all, you will be an ambassador of Solent’s values, and play a vital role in connecting with their people, their staff, and their communities, the people who use their service.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who passionate about the NHS and the drive to lead, support and promote the work of the Trust, particularly in such challenging times.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
For more information, please contact Carmel Gibbons, Head of Healthcare, Odgers Berndtson on 020 7529 6314.
To register your interest and for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com, quoting reference S1701 in the subject line.
You can also contact Rachel Cheal, Associate Director of Corporate Affairs and Company Secretary at Solent NHS Trust on 023 810 32305 or by emailing Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on 20 November 2018.
- Long-listed candidates will be invited for a preliminary interview with Carmel Gibbons, Head of Healthcare from Odgers Berndtson. To facilitate this, we will share your application with Odgers Berndtson. Feedback from these interviews will be given to the panel.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Trust to participate in a Stakeholder Event, which will involve presenting to key officers and partners, as well as 1:1 meetings with the CEO. The event is scheduled for 11 December 2018.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited to undertake psychometric testing prior to the interview date
- The final panel interviews will take place on 11 January 2019 in central London.
- The proposed start date is 1 April 2019 when the current Chair’s term of office comes to an end. The successful candidate will be invited to shadow the outgoing chair at the Trust from January / February 2019.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role, please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details. It should include details of all employment in the last three years and all employment related to the provision of healthcare services. Any gaps in your employment history should also be explained.
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
- confirm your preferred email and telephone contact details
This information should be emailed to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net quoting reference S1701 in the subject line.Return to NHS Appointments