Solent NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Southampton, Portsmouth or wider Hampshire|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Calum Mercer as Non-executive Director of Solent NHS Trust. He has been appointed from 1 April 2021 until 31 March 2024. He will receive remuneration of £13,000 per annum. He has not declared any political activity in the last five years.
Closed for Applications
11/11/2020 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at Solent NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The successful NED will be responsible for chairing key Board Committee meetings – including the Audit & Risk Committee.
You will need to be a values-driven leader and have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will also have:
- Recent, relevant finance experience in a large and complex organisation with the capacity to Chair the Audit Committee, preferably, with a financial qualification
- Experience of providing high levels of scrutiny, strong governance, risk management and strategic leadership would be advantageous.
Solent NHS Trust is committed to building a diverse Board and would welcome perspectives from those who will complement their existing Board members. Whilst some knowledge of the health and care sectors may be useful, the Trust is keen to hear from applicants from all sectors who offer relevant audit and risk experience at board level in complex environments.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Odgers Berndtson are helping us to identify potential candidates. If you would like a confidential discussion with Carmel Gibbons, please contact Rebecca Coates on 020 7518 2612 or at email@example.com
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Catherine Mason the Chair of the Trust. Please contact Rachel Cheal on 02381 032 305 to make arrangements.
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|S2243 Monitoring Form|
|S2243 NHS NED Info Pack|