South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust, Non-executive Director
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||South West London|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
21/01/2022 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
We are looking for someone with the knowledge, skills and experience to Chair the Board’s Quality and Safety Assurance Committee. This Committee has been established to ensure, on behalf of the Board, that there are effective mechanisms, controls and systems in place to:
- Promote safety and high quality patient care;
- Identify and manage risk arising from clinical care;
- Reflect and be responsive to the views of patients and carers;
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of resources through evidence based clinical practice;
- Keep abreast of key staffing issues which may impact on the quality of the service provided.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate an ability to operate as a strategic non-executive director promoting patient interests in Trust decision making.
You will have senior or board level experience in the leadership of public services. A good knowledge of mental health services will be an advantage.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with South West London.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Ann Beasley, the Chair of the trust. Please contact Nicola Mladenovic by emailing Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net.
|L2510 NED Info Pack|
|L2510 Monitoring Form|