South West London Integrated Care System (ICS), ChairClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£65,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per week|
Closed for Applications
14/11/2022 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
We are seeking a collaborative leader to chair South West London ICS
The NHS, social care and public health in South West London are working together to plan how they will transform health and social care services to meet the changing needs of local people. They are focussed on how best to encourage and support better health and well-being, and provide improved and sustainable health and care services, for the population of South West London.
South West London Integrated Care System covers a population of just over 1.5 million people and comprises the following NHS and local councils alongside voluntary, community and social enterprise sector organisations:
- Our six local authorities: Croydon, Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Sutton and Wandsworth
- Our acute, community and specialist providers: Central London Community Healthcare, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust, Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust, Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, The Royal Marsden Foundation Trust, St George’s NHS Foundation Trust, and Your Healthcare
- Our two mental health providers: South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust, South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- GP Federations in each of the six boroughs
- London Ambulance Service
- Six local Healthwatches
- Voluntary and community sector
Do you have the experience to re-shape the health and care landscape in England?
Integrated care systems (ICSs) are partnerships of health and care organisations, local government and the voluntary sector. They exist to improve population health, tackle health inequalities, enhance productivity and help the NHS support broader social and economic development. They took on statutory responsibilities under new legislation from July 2022 and comprise of an Integrated Care Board (ICB) which have taken on CCGs’ functions and broader strategic responsibility for setting healthcare strategies for the system. The ICB works with an Integrated Care Partnership (ICP) committee formed jointly with local authority partners. We are looking for candidates who will develop these systems and support the establishment of each system’s new statutory arrangements.
The chair will lead a unitary board which will bring together leaders from across all parts of the SWL NHS. Appointment will be approved by the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care.
This is a significant, high-profile role at the cutting edge of public sector reform. To succeed you will need:
Strong strategic leadership skills, with an ability to compassionately and inclusively lead a significant Board, demonstrated by a career record of achievement at the highest levels, including stewardship of significant funds and resources.
- Shared belief that ICSs should reflect all the communities they serve and champion diversity, inclusion, and equality for all.
- Political acumen and be an excellent communicator. This will be demonstrated though a track record of building strong partnerships across complex boundaries that have driven practical, community-led change.
- To bring current thinking which will drive improvements in care, long-term, preventative strategies for population health and enduring passion/dedication for tackling health inequalities, with a strong focus on integrated approaches.
- To be able to establish trust quickly, at every level. You will be able to demonstrate how you have built healthy cultures, with high performing boards, and CEOs. You will have great personal integrity and expect this in others. You will operate by the Nolan Principles of Public Life and meet the Fit and Proper Persons requirements.
We value and promote diversity and inclusion and are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We prioritise Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, team health and wellbeing and the principles of kind leadership in making SWL a great place to work. The postholder will have a key role in nurturing this culture.
Appointments will be made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- GatenbySanderson are helping us to identify potential candidates.n If you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Melanie Shearer at GatenbySanderson firstname.lastname@example.org 07785 616 548
- NHS England – for general enquiries about the selection process contact email@example.com or the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
|SWL ICS Chair Applicant Pack|
|Part 1 SWL ICB Recruitment Pack for Chair (pages 1 - 47)|
|Part 2 SWL ICB Recruitment Pack for Chair (pages 48 - 100)|
|Monitoring Form - South West London|
|South West London Fit-and-Proper-declaration|