Southport & Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust, two Non-executive DirectorsAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Sefton, Formby and West Lancashire.|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointments of Dr David Bricknell from 9 April 2018 to 8 April 2021 and Gurpreet Singh from 9 April 2018 to 8 October 2019 as Non-executive Directors of Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust. They are entitled to each receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum. Further information may be available at http://www.southportandormskirk.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
27/02/2018 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
23/04/2018 at 14:00
NHS Improvement are recruiting two Non-executive Directors for Southport & Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in one of the following areas:
- Significant experience engaging with the diverse social, economic and cultural groups served by the organisation, particularly the black and minority ethnic communities. This may have been gained through links with the voluntary or not for profit sectors, community involvement or business initiatives
- Executive development experience particularly in the fields of strategic planning, financial, risk and performance management
For both posts you will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Find out more
- For an informal and confidential discussion with Richard Fraser the Chair of the Trust, please contact Alison Marshall on 01704 704038
- for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
|20180126 Monitoring Form N1355|
|20180131 final NED Southport N1355|