Swansea Bay Local University Health Board - ChairClosed
|Body:||Swansea Bay Local University Health Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£69,840 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||15 days per month|
Closed for Applications
10/05/2019 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
A new Chair is sought to lead Swansea Bay Local University Health Board.
Swansea Bay Local University Health Board provides integrated care for patients and delivers tertiary, acute, intermediate, Mental Health, Community and Private Care to people in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot. It also provides a large range of regional and sub-regional services for patients in the South West of England, South Wales and the Rhondda Cynon Taff and Merthyr Tydfil areas. The new Chair will be able to lead and inspire the Health Board and will have a broad understanding of governance issues.
The Chair will demonstrate the following qualities:-
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to develop the strategic vision for the future;
- Ability to provide systems leadership and to work with Health Boards, Welsh Government, community groups, patients and other stakeholders to develop and drive forward that strategic vision;
- Ability to hold the executives to account for performance whilst maintaining a constructive relationship;
- A broad understanding of governance issues and how governance applies to the corporate, clinical and information managementDesirable
- An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Swansea Bay Local University Health Board area and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
- Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues;
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Ability to lead and inspire staff, to look ahead and identify key issues for the Board;
- Drive and determination, with the ability to instil vision and develop defined strategies to pursue long and short-term goals;
- Ability to facilitate, understanding of complex issues while demonstrating respect for the views of others;
- Ability to ensure a board works together effectively through their active involvement in a robust and transparent decision making process;
- Ability to motivate and develop the board to define roles and responsibilities to ensure ownership and accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills with personal impact and credibility to be an effective advocate and ambassador with strong influencing and negotiating skills;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to be clear and succinct, and to be able to engage with people at all levels;
- Sound judgement, sensitivity and political awareness;
- Capacity to be independent and resilient.
- A clear understanding and commitment to equality.
The Chair must also demonstrate a clear understanding and commitment to equality.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Corporate Shared Service Centre
Tel: 03000 255454
For further information or to arrange an informal discussion about the role of the Chair please contact:
Dr Andrew Goodall, NHS Wales Chief Executive.
Tel: 03000 251182 (Dr Goodall)
For further information about Swansea Bay Local University Health Board, you may wish to visit the Health Board’s web site: https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact the Welsh Government’s Corporate Shared Service Centre Helpdesk on 03000 255454 or email@example.com.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
|Information for Candidates - English Swansea Bay|
|Information for Candidates - Welsh|