The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Non-executive Director x2
|Body:||The Christie NHS Foundation Trust|
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£12,850 (plus an additional £3000 if the candidate becomes a board committee chair)|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Inclusive Boards are delighted to support The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in their search for two Non-Executive Directors. We are looking for individuals who can support the mission and vision of the organisation.
The Christie is one of Europe’s leading cancer centres and an international leader in cancer research. They are a performance-driven and high-achieving organisation, with the patient at the heart of everything they do. Christie’s Strategy ambition is to be one of the leading integrated cancer centres in the world. Their combination of service, research and education makes them special and they use a strong business approach to develop their services.
Christie’s skilled and committed staff are the ‘jewels in their crown’ and they strongly encourage a culture of innovation and high quality care for patients, alongside performance management and responsibility. As a Non-executive Director, you could have a unique opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team who play a pivotal role in the treatment and care of Christie’s patients, leading edge research and professional education.
To provide independent judgement and advice to the executive board. Collectively, the board is responsible for the management and governance of the entire organisation.
We would love to hear from you if you can bring ANY ONE of the following areas of specialism to the Board;
- Good links with stakeholders in local communities within Greater Manchester, with experience of engagement with particularly under-represented groups (e.g. black and minority ethnic communities, LGBT, young people).
- Qualified accountant with ability to chair the Audit Committee.
Equality Diversity and Inclusion
The Christie NHS Foundation Trust is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we particularly welcome people from all backgrounds to apply. We welcome applications from anyone regardless of their age, disability, ethnicity, heritage, gender, sexuality and socio-economic background.
For more information on the role and requirements please download and read the candidate information pack available at https://www.inclusiveboards.co.uk/jobs/non-executive-directors-the-christie-nhs-foundation-trust
How to Apply
To apply please supply:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to TheChristie@inclusiveboards.co.uk or use the form on our website.
Closing Date: Monday, 25th October 2020
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.