The Crown Estate Board Commissioner - Renewable Energy ExpertiseClosed
|Appointing Department:||HM Treasury|
|Sector:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration for the appointment is £20,000 per annum.|
|Time Requirements:||The time commitment is approximately 20 days per annum with a minimum of six and a maximum of nine Board meetings per year. Board members are appointed for an initial term of up to four years, which is renewable for one further term.|
Closed for Applications
Closing date extended from 31st October 2019 to 15 January 2020.
Final Interview Date
Robin Budenberg Added 03/10/2019
Chair, The Crown Estate • Representative of Organisation
David Fairbrother Added 03/10/2019
Deputy Director, Treasury Officer of Accounts • Departmental Official
Peter Madden Added 03/10/2019
Board Counsellor, The Crown Estate • Representative of Organisation
Jenefer Greenwood Added 03/10/2019
Independent • Independent Member
The Crown Estate is a £14.3bn UK real estate business with a portfolio unlike any other. It includes some of central London’s best places to work, shop and visit, as well as brilliant destinations across the country (including retail assets and Windsor Great Park). The Crown Estate has a substantial rural and coastal portfolio and play an active role in the UK’s world-leading offshore wind sector. They actively manage their portfolio to deliver strong returns for the nation’s finances. The Crown Estate takes a long term view, working alongside their customers, partners, stakeholders and communities to create great experiences. This purpose – creating brilliant places through conscious commercialism – permeates every area of their business.
An increasingly valuable and influential aspect of The Crown Estate’s portfolio resides in the current and future development of their capacity in the leasing and management of the seabed around England, Wales and Northern Ireland for offshore wind.
In order to support the continued and long-term successful growth of this part of their business, The Crown Estate would like to identify an exceptional individual with renewable energy business experience to join The Crown Estate Board.
The successful candidate will have:
• Deep knowledge and insight from the energy and related infrastructure sector;
• Expertise and insight into the regulatory and central government aspects of the energy sector, with a particular focus on offshore developments;
• Experience of working at a strategic level in an organisation of scale that can demonstrate continued development, with sustainable innovation and transformation at the core of its future plans;
• Commercial and business acumen that will make a real contribution to the Board’s business across a range of strategic and operational areas;
• Financially literate from a commercial perspective to an appropriate level for membership of a Board and to join a Board Committee in due course;
• Excellent interpersonal and strategic stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to work effectively as part of a high performing and talented team;
• Ability to work collaboratively with other Board members.
This is a Crown Appointment. The Prime Minister recommends the appointable candidate to Her Majesty, The QueenReturn to Search