The Crown Estate - Chief Executive Officer
|Body:||The Crown Estate|
|Appointing Department:||HM Treasury|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||Remuneration commensurate with the role and responsibilities - please contact Russell Reynolds Associates (executive search firm contact) for more details.|
|Time Requirements:||Full Time for an initial term of 4 years from 1st January 2020|
Closed for Applications
14/12/2018 at 12:00
The Week beginning 17/12/2018
Final Interview Date
The Crown Estate is a £14bn UK real estate business with a portfolio unlike any other. It includes some of central London’s best places to work, shop and visit as well as brilliant destinations across the country (including retail assets and Windsor Great Park). We also have a substantial rural and coastal portfolio, and play an active role in the UK’s world-leading offshore wind sector. We actively manage our portfolio to deliver strong returns for the nation’s finances, contributing over £2.7bn in the last 10 years. We take a long term view, working alongside our customers, partners and communities to create great experiences. We call this creating brilliant places through conscious commercialism.
The Crown Estate is seeking a new Chief Executive who will lead the continuing transformation of our business. We are moving from a “bricks and mortar” model to one that delivers services and experiences to build deep relationships with customers and community, delivering value for all our stakeholders, and seizing the opportunities that demographic, social and technology trends create.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience leading a multi-site, asset-backed business. Notably bringing deep insight of what is needed to understand and deliver customer value, particularly in the context of the impacts of technology and the pace of social change
• Ability to develop a long term strategic vision, innovate and create new revenue models
• Experience of leading an organisation that has innovation, customer-focus and transformation at the core of its plans
• Exceptional leadership style and experience
• Strong personal values, integrity and enthusiasm for public service; committed to leading an organisation with a strong sense of purpose
• Ability to balance business strategy with financial performance and other targets
• Ability to build relationships at the highest levels across a range of stakeholders
This is a Crown Appointment. The Prime Minister recommends the appointable candidate to Her Majesty, The Queen
How to Apply
Russell Reynolds Associates (RRA) has been appointed to advise The Crown Estate on this recruitment. The closing date for applications is noon on
Friday 14 December 2018.
For further information about The Crown Estate please visit www.thecrownestate.co.uk
The Board of The Crown Estate embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity; we welcome qualified applicants from all backgrounds.
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.