The Crown Estate Non-Executive Board Commissioner AppointmentAnnounced
|Body:||The Crown Estate|
|Appointing Department:||HM Treasury|
|Sector:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£20,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||The time commitment is approximately 20 days per annum with a minimum of six and a maximum of nine Board meetings per year. Board members are appointed for an initial term of up to four years, which is renewable for one further term.|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Lynda Shillaw has been appointed to The Crown Estate Board
Date: 23/01/2018View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Chair, The Crown Estate • Representative of Organisation
Deputy Director, Treasury Officer of Accounts • Departmental Official
Chief Executive Officer, Heritage Lottery Fund • Independent Member
Senior Independent Director • Representative of Organisation
The Crown Estate (TCE) is recruiting a Non-Executive Board Commissioner to join their Board.
TCE is a £13bn real estate business with an actively managed portfolio of high-quality assets. They specialise in commercial property in central London, prime retail across the country and offshore wind. TCE’s assets include Regent Street and much of St James’s, Windsor Great Park, numerous prime retail parks, hundreds of thousands of acres of rural and coastal land, and most of the UK seabed.
TCE’s purpose is to create brilliant places through conscious commercialism and work with a wide range of high profile international partners and customers. These include a number of global sovereign wealth and pension funds, together with international office occupiers and flagship retailers. Corporately, TCE’s significant stakeholders include HM Treasury and the Royal Household.
TCE is managed by a Board, responsible for setting the strategy for the business. The Board’s role is to bring exemplary knowledge, experience and competence to inform its strategic decision making.
You will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, together with strong powers of analysis and business acumen. You will have experience of working at a strategic level in a sizable commercial organisation, making a real contribution to the Board’s general business. It is expected that you will also join TCE’s Audit Committee.
To support TCE’s continued strong performance, TCE would like to identify a senior leader with a breadth of business and investment experience from across the United Kingdom to join the Board. This experience could have been gained within the retail or commercial rural sector or in regional property and land investment enabling you to bring insight to the Board’s discussion in these areas.
Experience and Skills:
• Deep commercial and business acumen to make a real contribution to the Board’s business across a range of strategic and operational issues
• Experience of rural and regional business or property investment and development issues, gained through either commercial, private or community activities across the United Kingdom
• Senior leadership experience gained in retail, or commercial rural sectors and able to bring insight to the Board’s discussion in these areas
• Financially literate from a commercial perspective to an appropriate level for membership of the Audit Committee
• Experience of working at a strategic level in an organisation of scale
• Excellent interpersonal and strategic stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to work effectively as part of a high performing talented team
• Ability to work collegiately with other Board members
This is a Crown Appointment. The Prime Minister recommends the appointable candidate to Her Majesty, The Queen
How to Apply
For further information please visit www.ekornferry.com (go to ‘Opportunities’ and enter code MG193) to complete the application. Contact Connie Healy at email@example.com with any queries. Closing date for responses to the advertisement is 6th September 2017. The Crown Estate is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
|Board Commissioner candidate information pack|