The Crown Estate Non-Executive Board Commissioner (Marine & Seabed, Offshore Energy)Closed
|Appointing Department:||HM Treasury|
|Sector:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration for the appointment is £20,000 per annum. The initial appointment is on the basis of a four year Royal Warrant.|
|Time Requirements:||The time commitment is approximately 20 days per annum.|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Robin Budenberg CBE Added 27/08/2021
Chair • Representative of Organisation
David Fairbrother Added 27/08/2021
Deputy Director, Treasury Officer of Accounts, HM Treasury • Departmental Official
Juliet Davenport Added 27/08/2021
Board Commissioner • Representative of Organisation
Lucinda Riches Added 27/08/2021
Independent • Independent Member
The Crown Estate is a £14bn UK business with a portfolio unlike any other. It includes some of central London’s best places to work, shop and visit, as well as brilliant destinations across the country (including retail assets and Windsor Great Park). The Crown Estate also has a substantial rural and coastal portfolio. They actively manage all of their portfolios taking a long-term view, working alongside their customers, partners, stakeholders and communities towards the realisation of our purpose: ‘To create lasting and shared prosperity for the nation’.
The Crown Estate’s Marine business manages the seabed and about half the foreshore around England, Wales and Northern Ireland. They provide seabed rights and facilitate the development of sectors such as cables, pipelines, CO2 storage and marine aggregates and play a key role in enabling the UK’s offshore wind industry, contributing to achievement of the UK’s renewable energy agenda, carbon emission targets and overall energy security.
In order to support the long term growth of The Crown Estate’s Marine business we are looking for an exceptional individual with extensive experience of the sustainable management of the seabed and marine environments to join our Board.
Experience and skills required:
• Deep experience in management of the marine and seabed environments;
• Evidence of strong focus on sustainability and protection of the marine environment;
• Experience of the deployment of energy and communications infrastructure on the seabed;
• Understanding of and commitment to the future of coastal, marine and seabed resources for the long term benefit of the nation;
• Ability to connect with and promote the Purpose and Values of The Crown Estate;
• Commercial and business acumen that will make a real contribution to the Board’s business across a range of strategic and operational areas;
• Financially literate from a commercial perspective to an appropriate level for membership of a Board and to join a Board Committee in due course;
• Excellent interpersonal and strategic stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to work effectively as part of a high performing and talented team;
• Ability to work collaboratively with other Board members.
For further information about The Crown Estate please visit www.thecrownestate.co.uk
The Crown Estate embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity; we welcome qualified applicants from all backgrounds.
This is a Crown Appointment. The Prime Minister recommends the appointable candidate to Her Majesty, The Queen.
HM Treasury is a disability confident employer.
Please note that due diligence will be carried out on shortlisted candidates. Candidates should expect this to include searches of previous public statements and social media, blogs or any other publicly available information.