The Crown Estate, Non-Executive Board Commissioner (Real Estate)Closed
|Appointing Department:||HM Treasury|
|Sector:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration for the appointment is £20,000 per annum. The initial appointment is on the basis of a four year Royal Warrant.|
|Time Requirements:||The time commitment is approximately 20 days per annum.|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Robin Budenberg – CBE Added 27/08/2021
Chair • Representative of Organisation
David Fairbrother Added 27/08/2021
Deputy Director, Treasury Officer of Accounts, HM Treasury • Departmental Official
James Darkins Added 27/08/2021
Board Commissioner • Representative of Organisation
Lucinda Riches Added 27/08/2021
Independent • Independent Member
The Crown Estate is a £14bn UK business with a portfolio unlike any other. It includes some of central London’s best places to work, shop and visit, as well as brilliant destinations across the country (including retail assets and Windsor Great Park). The Crown Estate also has a substantial rural and coastal portfolio. They actively manage all of their portfolios taking a long-term view, working alongside their customers, partners, stakeholders and communities towards the realisation of The Crown Estate’s purpose: ‘To create lasting and shared prosperity for the nation’.
This Board Commissioner appointment is an exciting opportunity to contribute to and help influence the realisation of The Crown Estate goals for the development of the nationally important assets that comprise the real estate portfolio.
The Crown Estate team is managing these assets to achieve or exceed market benchmark returns in a sustainable way while at the same time preserving the heritage nature of many of them. It is also grasping the opportunity to be a leader in supporting the UK towards a net zero carbon future and helping to create modern communities and renew urban centres across the UK.
Experience and skills required:
• Deep knowledge and experience of strategic real estate leadership;
• Substantial experience of anticipating, interpreting and responding to customer requirements in the sector;
• Strong and demonstrable track record of successful and at scale real estate asset operation;
• Evidence of focus on recognising and delivering to sustainability goals;
• Ability to connect with and promote the Purpose and Values of The Crown Estate;
• Commercial and business acumen that will make a real contribution to the Board’s business across a range of strategic and operational areas;
• Financially literate from a commercial perspective to an appropriate level for membership of a Board and to join a Board Committee in due course;
• Excellent interpersonal and strategic stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to work effectively as part of a high performing and talented team.
For further information about The Crown Estate please visit www.thecrownestate.co.uk
The Crown Estate embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity; we welcome qualified applicants from all backgrounds.
This is a Crown Appointment. The Prime Minister recommends the appointable candidate to Her Majesty, The Queen.
HM Treasury is a disability confident employer.
Please note that due diligence will be carried out on shortlisted candidates. Candidates should expect this to include searches of previous public statements and social media, blogs or any other publicly available information.
|Board Commissioner Real Estate Information Pack 2021|
|Appendices Board Commissioner Application 2021|
|Diversity Monitoring Form 2021|