The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive Director
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Pinderfields (Wakefield), Dewsbury and District and Pontefract|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
06/10/2020 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust (the Trust). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
An interview with Keith Ramsay, Chair of the Trust, talking about the Trust and this role is available to view at https://vimeo.com/455424656
As the Trust drives forward and develops the Mid Yorkshire Quality Improvement System which is based on the Virginia Mason methodology and the Toyota Production System, you will need to bring senior transformation and organisational development expertise gained at a strategic level in a complex organisation.
You will also need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
The Trust’s communities have a rich background of cultures and we are committed to ensuring the organisation reflects this at all levels. We want to seek people who have experience of engaging with the diverse social, economic and cultural groups served by the Trust, particularly the black, Asian and minority ethnic communities. This may have been gained through links with the voluntary or not for profit sectors, community involvement or business initiatives.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to the Trust’s ongoing strategic development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the area served by the Trust.
- GatenbySanderson are helping us to identify potential candidates, for a confidential discussion about this post, please contact David Heaton or Robin Staveley on 0113 205 6090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|MYHT NED info pack N2215|