The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive Director and three Associate Non-executive Directors
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the area served by the trust.|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
26/08/2019 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There are vacancies for a Non-executive Director (NED) and three Associate Non-executive Directors at The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
The successful candidates for the Associate roles will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a NED of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise and they have the appropriate skills.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior or board level experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role
• Recent, relevant finance experience with a financial qualification
• Commercial experience gained within a large complex organisation, with a background in marketing/communications
• Strong track record in partnership working across a range of stakeholders
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
• work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
• bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
• hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
• shape actively support the ongoing work in the Trust in relation to values and behaviours, ensuring constant improvement in the culture of the organisation
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Gatenby Sanderson are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Robin Staveley MBE, Partner on 0113 205 6090 or email Robin.Staveley@gatenbysanderson.com
We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Keith Ramsay, the Chair of the trust. Please contact Jemma Harris on 01924 543626
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Emma Meadows on 0300 123 2923 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|N2041 Monitoring Form|
|Information Pack Updated|