The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, Non-executive Director
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
22/12/2021 at 12:00
Long-listed candidates will be invited for a preliminary interview with Thomas Patterson or Johnny Townson at Alumni Harvey Nash. To facilitate this, we will share your application with them. Feedback from these interviews will be given to the panel
Virtual Stakeholder event
14 January 2022 (afternoon). Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet groups of the Trust’s key stakeholders
Final Interview Date
18 January 2022 (afternoon) in Harlow. Interviews may take place in person or virtually depending on government advice at the time
We are looking for a Non-executive Director (NED) at The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (PAHT). This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of local services contributing to the shared responsibility for improving the health of PAHT’s population by sharing your talents and expertise to help transform the hospital deepening the collaborative working essential to make a positive difference to their local community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have recent, relevant finance experience in a large and complex organisation with a recognised financial qualification. We welcome applications from candidates with NHS or other experience.
The Trust is taking positive action to increase the diversity of their board members and reflect the diverse population they serve. We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- Work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- Bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- Hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- Shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Essex.
Find out more
- Alumni Harvey Nash are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Thomas Patterson, director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Beth Stickney, principal researcher at email@example.com or by calling 07703 821996. Please also visit their microsite.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Hattie Llewelyn-Davies, the Chair of PAHT. Please contact her executive assistant: Natalie Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net.
|M2499 Monitoring Form|
|M2499 NHS NED Info Pack|