The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust, One Non-executive Director and two Associate Non-executive DirectorsClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants ideally should live within a 30 mile radius of the area served by the trust.|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
16/07/2019 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There are vacancies for a Non-executive Director (NED) and two Associate NEDs at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
The successful candidates for the Associate roles will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a NED of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise and they have the appropriate skills.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior or board level experience in one or more of the following areas:
- A portfolio of high level governance expertise including strategic planning, risk management, organisation performance management and service development
- Human Resources, and workforce development expertise gained at a strategic level
- Recent, relevant finance experience ideally with a financial qualification
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Ben Reid the Chair of the trust before submitting an application. Please contact Deborah Hazan on 01743 261001
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Emma Meadows on 0300 123 2923 or by emailing email@example.com
|SaTH Info Pack M2022|
|Monitoring Form M2022|
|The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust Brochure|