The St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Location:||Merseyside, St Helens|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Paul Growney as a Non-executive Director of The St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust from 1 September 2018 to 31 August 2020. Mr Growney has no declared political activity and will receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum. More information may be available on the Trust’s website http://www.sthk.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
19/06/2018 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
06/09/2018 at 14:00
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director at The St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
- Chairing meetings e.g. Quality Committee
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live near or have strong connections with the St Helens & Knowsley areas.
- On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month.
- The remuneration payable for this role is £6,157 pa.
Given the significant public profile and responsibility members of NHS Boards hold, it is vital that those appointed inspire confidence of the public, patients and NHS staff at all times. NHS Improvement makes a number of specific background checks to ensure that those we appoint are “fit and proper” people to hold these important roles. More information can be found on our website.
For an informal and confidential discussion with Richard Fraser, the Chair of the Trust regarding the role, please contact Cathy Duffy on 0151 430 1242.
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
tell us about any dates when you will not be available
|20180430 N1675 information pack|
|20180420 N1675 Monitoring Form|