Trustees - National Library of WalesAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sector:||Culture, Media & Sport|
|Location:||Meetings can be attended in person at the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth or digitally|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Time Requirements:||12 days per year|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism, Lord Elis-Thomas has announced the appointment of five new Trustees to the National Library of Wales.
Date: 24/03/2021View Announcement
Closed for Applications
02/11/2020 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Representative of Organisation
Deputy Director Culture and Sport • Departmental Official
- Have an understanding and actively promote the benefits of the cultural heritage sector to the diverse communities of Wales and further afield
- Have a clear vision as to how the Library can continue to contribute as a main deliverer of Government cultural heritage policy
- Review, scrutinise, challenge and support the executive to meet the Library’s aims, objectives and targets and ensure good governance.
- Have a good understanding of corporate responsibility and risk management to ensure the Library’s activities are conducted effectively and efficiently
- Participate in the corporate planning process, including agreeing annual budget plans for operational programmes and corporate activities
- Have an understanding of how the public sector in Wales functions
- Ensure the Library achieves value for money within a framework of best practice, regularity and property
- Work as part of a Board that positively values difference and challenges unconscious behaviours and actively participate in Board Meetings and key activities
- Be actively engaged in encouraging board membership and the next generation of trustees
- Act in a way that promotes highs standards of probity and public finance
- Be politically independent
- Have a clear understanding and commitment to Nolan’s “Seven Principles of Public Life”.
A commitment and enthusiasm for the Library’s work and an understanding of the cultural sector as a whole
A demonstrable commitment to understanding of the Library’s dual role as a major charity and a Welsh Government Sponsored Body in line with an understanding of public life and the principles of good governance.
Excellent communication skills and a track record of working with others to achieve objectives
The ability to think logically and objectively and to analyse complex information in order to identify key issues and make effective decisions.
An understanding of the diverse communities of Wales and a commitment to actively promoting diversity and inclusivity
Expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Digital technology and innovation within the cultural heritage sector
- Engagement – including experience of engaging with disadvantaged communities and of meeting the needs of diverse groups within Wales
- Professional skills in archive and information management/librarianship and collections management, conservation and digital preservation
- Audit and risk management
Fundraising/attracting additional funding and generating commercial income
Property management/estate management
For queries about your application, please contact email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply please visit the Welsh Government public appointment website here https://cymru-wales.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-3/brand-2/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/7/adv/.
To apply for this role, click on the ‘Trustee – National Library of Wales’ vacancy and click on ‘Apply’ at the bottom left hand corner. The first time you apply for a post, you will need to complete a registration form for the Welsh Government’s online application system. You will only need to register once, and you will be able to keep yourself updated on the progress of your application, and any other applications you make, via your registered account.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to access the application form. To apply, you will need to upload a personal statement and your CV to the ‘Reasons for applying’ section of the online application form.
|NLW Trustees information for candidates - elv final|
|NLW Trustees information for candidates - wlv final|