United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust - ChairAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£40,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average it will require 2 to 3 days a week|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Elaine Baylis as chair of United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018. Mrs Baylis has no declared political activity.
Date: 19/12/2017View Announcement
Closed for Applications
21/09/2017 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
We are recruiting a Chair for United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT). This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of ULHT by sharing your talents and expertise to help transform the Trust and make a positive difference to your community.
United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust (ULHT) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, delivering a comprehensive range of services from its hospital sites across the county. ULHT provides the majority of its services from three hospitals in Lincolnshire, each an average of one hours travel distance between them:
· Lincoln County Hospital (494 general and acute beds)
· Pilgrim Hospital, Boston (362 general and acute beds)
· Grantham and District Hospital (97 general and acute beds)
The organisation also provides a wide variety of outpatient, day case and inpatient services from a range of other community hospitals operated by Lincolnshire Community Health Services or local GP clusters. These include: Louth County Hospital, John Coupland Hospital (Gainsborough), Johnson Community Hospital (Spalding) and Skegness and District General Hospital.
ULHT has an income of around £440m, provides a comprehensive range of over 100 medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric and gynaecological services delivered by over 7,500 staff. In an average year the trust sees 600,000 outpatients, 140,000 inpatients and day cases and almost 150,000 people attend accident and emergency.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
To request an information pack please contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing email@example.com
Find out more
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Jan Sobieraj, Chief Executive, please contact Jane Ablewhite on 01522 573 977 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 21 September 2017 at noon
Stakeholder engagement: the shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Trust to meet groups of its key stakeholders during week commencing 2 October 2017 at a venue local to the trust
Interview date: week commencing 9 October 2017
Start date: 1 November 2017
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
- confirm your preferred email and telephone contact details
This information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference M1466 in the subject line.Return to NHS Appointments