United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive Director x2Announced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Daniela Cecchini as Non-executive Director of United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2023. She is entitled to receive a remuneration of £13,000 per annum and has declared no political activity. Further information may be available at https://www.ulh.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
12/11/2021 at 11:00
Stakeholder panel date
w/c 22 November 2021
Final Interview Date
There are vacancies for two Non-executive Directors (NED) at United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
One of the successful candidates will be appointed Chair of Finance, Performance and Estates Committee and the other will be appointed Chair of Quality Governance Committee.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We aim for diversity within the Trust, across their workforce and in their leadership team. It is important to the Trust that their workforce represents the community of Lincolnshire that they serve and would particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people that are under-represented in their current Board membership.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services in Lincolnshire. The successful candidates must have senior level experience in one of the following areas:
- Post 1: Chair of the Finance, Performance and Estates Committee. Recognised financial qualification and current or recent relevant finance experience in a large and complex organisation. Experience of strategic responsibility for other organisational resources, e.g. people, digital and estates are also desirable
- Post 2: Chair of the Quality Governance Committee. Current or recent clinical and patient safety expertise gained from a medical, nursing, allied discipline experience and have a senior level experience of governance and the effective management of risk. Experience of service user engagement is also desirable.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the Board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the Trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in Lincolnshire or one of the surrounding Counties.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Elaine Baylis, the Chair of the Trust. Please contact email@example.com
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net.
|ULHT Monitoring Form|
|ULHT Information pack NEDx2|