University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, Non-Executive DirectorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£13,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
05/04/2022 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-Executive Director (NED) at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust (UHCW).
This has been created by the previous post holder taking up employment overseas. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The UHCW Trust Board is composed of Non-Executive Directors and Chief Officers. Independent NEDs bring a range of external experience to the Trust. We are looking for an individual to join the team who has a strong interest in health and care services and believes they have skills and experience to contribute to the effective governance of a busy tertiary Trust providing a range of trauma and specialist services as well as day-to-day care to our local communities.
We would be particularly interested in candidates who have worked in or with the voluntary and community sector at a senior level, those with an academic background relevant to health and care services and those with experience of implementing major change programmes in any sector. The Trust will need to be assured that whoever is appointed, has a good understanding of the clinical and corporate challenges of running a large acute Trust and can be both supportive and challenging to the Chief Executive and the Chief Officer Team who are leading the Trust on a day to day basis.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in a complex organisation or environment and a very sound understanding of the role of Non-Executives in unitary Boards.
We are particularly interested in candidates who may have experience in any of the following:
- Experience of the community or voluntary sector
- Experience of different fields of health and social care, including academic and research experience
- Skills in human resources and major ICT strategic change
- The breadth and diversity of communities in Coventry and Warwickshire.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- Work alongside other Non-Executive and executive colleagues as an equal member of the Board
- Bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- Hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- Shape and actively support a healthy culture for UHCW
- Communicate well with a range of colleagues, staff and stakeholders, both within UHCW and among our ICS partners.
All Non-Executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should ideally have a demonstrable connection with Coventry and/or Warwickshire.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Dame Stella Manzie, the Chair of the Trust. To request this, please contact Debbie Babington by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 02476 967621
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing email@example.com
|NHS NED Info Pack|