University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the area served by the trust.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
08/07/2019 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust is one of the UK’s largest teaching Trusts responsible for managing two major hospitals in Coventry and Rugby, which between them serve a population of over a million people.
NHS Improvement has a specific role in appointing and supporting NHS trust chairs and non-executives. We are looking for a Non-executive Director to join the Board of University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust (UHCW). This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of local services by sharing your talents and expertise to help transform the trust and make a positive difference to your community.
We are looking for candidates who want to use their energy, skills and experience to help drive the delivery of sustainable healthcare services for the people of Coventry and Warwickshire and some surrounding areas.
• The successful candidate will have board or senior management level experience and be able to demonstrate a background in, or experience of, nursing or other caring disciplines.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate that you can use your experience to:
• work effectively alongside other Non-Executive and Executive colleagues as an equal member of the Board;
• provide as part of the Board, strong challenge and be demanding on pace and sustainability in holding executives to account;
• bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategic planning, risk management and organisation-wide performance management;
• an understanding of the challenges facing healthcare providers and UHCW in particular, in delivering high quality, safe services to patients that are clinically and financially sustainable;
• an understanding of and commitment to the principles of equality and diversity;
• an ability to demonstrate and role model at all times the Trust’s values and behaviours in their own behaviours and in relation to others;
• a willingness to be the Non-Executive champion of the development and education of nurses and allied care staff within the overall UHCW culture of service provision and continuous quality improvement
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Andy Meehan, the Chair of the trust. Please contact Debbie Babington on 02476 965201
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Emma Meadows on 0300 123 2923 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|Monitoring Form M2032|