University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr Gopal Sharma as Non-executive Director of University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust from 1 October 2022 to 30 September 2025. He is entitled to receive a remuneration of £13,000 per annum and has declared no political activity in the last five years. Further information may be available at https://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
21/02/2022 at 11:00
w/c 21 February 2022. Long-listed candidates may be invited for a preliminary interview with Hunter Healthcare. To facilitate this, we will share your application with them. Feedback from these interviews will be given to the panel
Final Interview Date
We are looking for a new Non-executive Director (NED) for University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust (UHL) to help shape and influence its future strategic direction whilst supporting and challenging executive directors during on-going pandemic recovery, reduction of waiting lists and financial recovery. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines, or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role.
We are particularly looking for a NED who possesses at least one or more of the following:
- Experience and knowledge of wider system working including STPs/ICSs and preferably a Clinician or GP.
- Experience and understanding of how acute hospitals operate, considerable experience of transformation of health services and organisational and leadership development.
- An understanding of system working in the health and care sector would be an advantage.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Hunter Healthcare are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Rhiannon Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jenny Adrian at email@example.com or 07939 250362
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net quoting reference M2573.
|Monitoring Form M2573|