University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Non-executive Director x3 and Associate Non-executive Director x1
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Time Requirements:||3 - 4 days per month|
Closed for Applications
01/11/2021 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
25 November and 3 December 2021
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust are looking for three new Non-Executive directors to help shape and influence its future strategic direction whilst supporting and challenging executive directors during on-going pandemic recovery, reduction of waiting lists and financial recovery; in addition an Associate NED with expertise in Digital. Non-Executive Directors will work with the Chair and other Executive and Non-Executive colleagues as voting members of the Board. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
We are particularly looking for NEDs who possess at least one or more of the following:
- Finance with strong commercial awareness. Strong preference for experience in/exposure to the public sector. Qualified accountant would
be preferable but candidates with strong commercial expertise would also be considered. Track record of reducing cost and adding value.
- Experience and understanding of how acute hospitals operate, considerable experience of transformation of health services and organisational and leadership development. An understanding of system working in the health and care sector would be an advantage.
- Experience of wider system working outside of the acute sector, preferably a clinician or other professional.
In addition we would like to recruit an Associate NED with expertise and knowledge of digital and information in the NHS or wider public sector including introducing new technologies into a service organisation.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- Hunter Healthcare are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Rhiannon Smith at email@example.com and Jenny Adrian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07939 250362
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net.
|Monitoring Form M2447|
|HH_UHL_NED Nov 21|