University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust - Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Leicester, Leicestershire, Rutland|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
|Closing Date:||28/09/2018 11:00|
|Interviews:||Interviews will be held on 16 October 2018|
We are recruiting a Non-executive director to join the board of University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level finance experience ideally with a recognised financial qualification. The successful candidate will also become Chair of the Audit Committee.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues and establish your credibility as a Board member through the quality of your contributions
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive team to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- The trust is holding an information evening from 5pm to 6.30pm on 17 September 2018 at the Clinical Education Centre, Glenfield Hospital. For more information and to confirm your attendance please contact Mandy Johnson on 0116 258 8940
- For an informal and confidential discussion with Karamjit Singh, the Chair of the trust, please contact his PA, Mandy Johnson on 0116 258 8940
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|Monitoring Form (M1779)|
|Information pack (M1779)|