University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, Associate Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£13,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
06/06/2022 at 09:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for an Associate Non-executive Director (NED) at University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust (UHNM). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
The successful candidate for the Associate role will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a NED of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise and they have the appropriate skills
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
The Trust is actively working towards a diverse, gender balanced and representative workforce and welcome and encourage applications from all parts of their communities. The Trust is working hard on a range of diversity issues and is making great progress; however, they acknowledge that there is still much to do and the successful applicant together with the Board will provide senior leadership and support to the Trust to address the challenges faced by the sector.
The successful candidate will have transferable leadership experience from either the private or public sector, with experience across organisational change and development and an interest in people and culture.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the areas served by the Trust.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with David Wakefield, the Chair of the trust. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org on 01782 676612.
- Gatenby Sanderson are helping us to identify potential candidates. If you would like a confidential discussion about the role please contact one of the team as follows: Emily Perry, Principal Researcher, 07538 979416, Emily.Perry@gatenbysanderson.com, Julia St. Clare, Associate Consultant, email@example.com, and Emma Pickup, Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 07749 437574 or by emailing email@example.com
|UHNM Associate NED Final Candidate Pack 060522|
|Welcome Letter - UHNM, Associate NED 060522|
|UHNM - Associate NED final advert|