University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, Non-executive Director & Associate Non-executive Director
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Tuesday 27th April & Wednesday 28th April 2021
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director and an Associate Non-executive Director (NED) at University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust (UHNM). These are exceptional opportunities to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
The successful candidate for the Associate role will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a NED of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise, and they have the appropriate skills.
The Trust is looking for a NED and Associate NED who shares their ambition to innovate, transform and further strengthen their position as a leading healthcare provider and employer of choice.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have experience in one of the following:
Non-executive Director post
- You should have Board level experience with a clear understanding of the digital agenda and of the intelligent application of ‘big data’ in complex, multi-stakeholder environments.
Associate Non-executive Director
- Board level or equivalent experience gained within a customer focused environment with experience in developing effective partnerships.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should have strong connections and accessibility to the areas served by the Trust.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- GatenbySanderson are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role please contact David Heaton on 0113 205 6094 or firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively Emma Pickup, Partner on 07590 225 470 or email email@example.com. As the process progresses GatenbySanderson can facilitate your engagement with the Trust Chair, David Wakefield.
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|Final Information pack|
|M2272 Monitoring Form|