University Hospitals of North Midlands - Non-executive DirectorsAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1+|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
|Closing Date:||25/06/2018 11:00|
|Interviews:||31 July 2018 and 1 August 2018|
Following a restructuring of the Board, we are recruiting to a number of Non-executive Directors (NED) for University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust (UHNM). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Staffordshire and beyond.
UHNM cares for over cares for over 900,000 people each year and is highly regarded for its facilities, teaching and research. The Trust works in partnership with Keele University and has a patient-centred clinical research facility providing state-of-the-art facilities.
Candidates will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
We are looking for two candidates with recent, relevant, finance experience gained within a large, complex organisation with a finance qualification. One candidate must have the capacity to Chair the Audit Committee and the other the capacity to chair the Finance & Performance Committee.
We are also looking for candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Commercial contracting and Private Finance Initiatives
- Information Management and Technology
- NHS leadership, including system wide working and transformation
- Broad medical or clinical background in particular General Practice or Nursing
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
For an informal and confidential discussion with David Wakefield, the Chair of the trust, please contact the Executive Suite on 01782 676612
Gatenby Sanderson are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Emma Pickup Senior Consultant, on 0113 205 6292 or email Pickup@gatenbysanderson.com
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
|M1672 - Monitoring Form|
|20180620 M1672 Information pack|