University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the catchment area of the trust. This includes the constituencies of North Cornwall, South East Cornwall, Plymouth, Sutton and Devonport, Plymouth, Moor View, Totnes, South West Devon, Torridge and West Devon.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS England / NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Alastair Camp as Non-executive Director of University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust from 6 April 2021 until 5 April 2025. He is entitled to receive a remuneration of £13,000 per annum and has declared no political activity in the last five years. Further information may be available at https://www.plymouthhospitals.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
02/02/2021 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust (UHP). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
In addition to your Board membership, you will also bring your skills to one or more of the Board’s assuring Committees. You will champion value for money in public finance, identify and mitigate corporate risks and play a significant part in bringing the Board’s strategic vision to life.
As a Board member, you will be a strategic thinker who will quickly grasp the complexities of the local, regional and national healthcare environments.
You will be able to scrutinise and interpret complex data.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
You will have recent and relevant private sector commercial experience gained at a senior level
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Richard Crompton the Chair of the trust. To arrange a discussion, please contact Lucy Demuth, Executive Office Manager on 01752 439084 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anderson Quigley are helping us to identify potential candidates. If you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Helene Usherwood, Partner, Health via email at Helene@andersonquigley.com
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|S2312 UHP NHS NED Info Pack|
|S2312 Monitoring Form|