Vice Chair - Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board (Welsh Essential)Closed
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sector:||Health and Social Care|
|Location:||CTMUHB has a headquarters in Abercynon, in Rhondda Cynon Taf, however provides services across the Rhondda Taf Ely, Merthyr Cynon and Bridgend Locality. The successful candidate will therefore be required to travel.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration for the role of Vice Chair of the Health Board is a fixed sum of £56,316 per annum (pay review pending)|
|Time Requirements:||Minimum 13 days per month|
Closed for Applications
17/12/2020 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Professor Marcus Longley
Chair of Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board • Representative of Organisation
Head of Sustainable Workforce Welsh Government • Departmental Official
Role and responsibilities
- Play a full and active role in the governance of CTMUHB, both clinical and corporate. You will take an active part in discussions, providing your opinion and challenge and support to the Board on key issues.
- Act as a Corporate Trustee of CTMUHB Charity
- Contribute to the work of the Board based upon your independence, your past experience and knowledge, and your ability to stand back from the day to day operational management;
- Contribute and accept corporate decisions to ensure a joined up, robust and transparent decision making process by the Board;
- Be expected, in time, to fully understand the business through active involvement to enable the effective performance of the organisation;
- Work closely with other public, private and voluntary organisations and will make sure that the views of patients, carers and families are fully involved in helping to shape, develop and improve services;
- Analyse and critically review complex information and contribute to sound decision making.
- Ability to contribute to the ‘quality, governance and finance’ of the Health Board, ensuring it is open and honest in its work by contributing fully in the decision making process.
It is Essential that Independent Member will demonstrate the following qualities:-
Knowledge and Experience
- An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Heath Board’s area and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
- Ability to hold the executives to account for performance whilst maintaining a constructive relationship;
- Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues;
- A broad understanding of the information governance requirements required to comply with legislation e.g. General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR);
- an awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion and a commitment to promoting equality and diversity issues, particularly as they relate to the health sector
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
To apply for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button on the Welsh Government online recruitment centre. The first time you apply for a post, you will need to complete a registration form for the Welsh Government’s online application system. You will only need to register once, and you will be able to keep yourself updated on the progress of your application, and any other applications you make, via your registered account.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to access the application form. To apply you will need to submit two supporting documents. The first, a document outlining how your knowledge, skills and experiences meet the criteria for the role as outlined in the information for candidates. This document should be no more than 2 sides of A4. Your application may be rejected if you exceed this limit. The second document is a full, up to date CV. The two documents should be uploaded to the ‘Reasons for applying’ section of the online application form.
In your application, you will also be asked to provide details of any activities which have helped you to develop skills that would be useful in a public appointment role, and list the organisations for which you undertook these activities. We also need to know about any political activity that you’ve undertaken over the last 5 years.
It is recommended that you register for an account and access the application form as soon as possible so that you see how the application form is structured, before starting to prepare your evidence. You don’t have to complete the application form all in one go. You can save your responses, and log in and out as required, until you’re ready to submit – just follow the guidance in the application form.
If you’d like to apply for this opportunity in Welsh, please use the ‘Newid Iaith / Change Language’ link at the top of this page, to take you to the Welsh version of this advert, from which you can apply in Welsh.
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact the Welsh Government’s Public Appointments Team on: PublicAppointments@gov.wales
|Information for Candidates CTMUHB - Vice Chair- English|
|Information for Candidates CTMUHB - Vice Chair - Welsh|