West London NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days a month|
Closed for Applications
02/05/2022 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at West London NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients, mental health and the promotion of excellent health care services. The successful candidate will have experience as a board member or of working at a senior level in a large organisation and is likely to have previous experience in one or more of the following areas:
- People / Human Resources background
- Legal expertise gained working for large and complex organisations
- Service on an audit committee
- Knowledge, experience and an interest in sustainability. The successful candidate will chair the Sustainability Committee
The Trust is keen to attract applicants who have a personal interest in equality, diversity and inclusion, and can demonstrate a track record at a senior level on this important issue. The Trust serves a very diverse population and seeks applications from all parts of its community. The Trust is working hard on a range of diversity issues and is making great progress. However, it acknowledges that there is still much to do and the successful applicant together with the Board will contribute to providing leadership and support to the Trust to address these challenges.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- support the development of a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections to the local community, which includes the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Tom Hayhoe, the Chair of the trust. Please contact Carol Carter on 020 8354 8067.
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|L2602 Monitoring Form|
|L2602 WLT NED Info Pack|