Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive Director and Associate Non-executive Director
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
26/10/2020 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There are vacancies for a Non-executive Director (NED) and Associate NED at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (WAHT). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
The Associate NED role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate NEDs cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. We are particularly looking for people who can support us in the area of health inequalities. You will have senior level experience in one of the following:
- NED post: Experience of patient advocacy and /or community engagement and board level experience in a large and complex organisation.
Desirable: Financial qualification and experience as a senior financial officer in a large and complex organisation
- Associate NED post: Experience of patient advocacy and /or community engagement and board level experience in a large and complex organisation
For both posts, you will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
• work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
• bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
• hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
• shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the Worcestershire area.
• We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Sir David Nicholson the Chair of the trust. Please contact Donna Wark on 01905 733960
• Gatenby Sanderson are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Melanie Shearer, Partner, on 07785 616 548 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
Return to NHS Appointments