Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
|Closing Date:||26/02/2019 11:00|
|Interviews:||21 March 2019|
We are recruiting a Non-executive Director (NED) for Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust (WHC). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community. The successful candidate will strengthen the clinical challenge on the board.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. Applicants should have senior level clinical experience gained in either a medical, nursing or allied discipline. The successful candidate will become a member of the Trust’s Quality and Safety Committee.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
- The Trust – For an informal and confidential discussion with Chris Burdon, Chairman of the Trust, please contact Rachel Godby on 01905 681667 or to speak with Gill Harrad, the Company Secretary of the trust, please contact Hayley Payne on 01905 681558 or by emailing email@example.com
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Todd Fleming on 0300 123 2922 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
forward your completed application to Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|(M1771) Information pack|
|(M1771) Monitoring Form|