Wye Valley NHS Trust, 1 Non-executive Director & 2 Associate Non-executive DirectorsAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Time Requirements:||2 to 3 days a month|
|Closing Date:||29/04/2019 11:00|
|Interviews:||3 June 2019|
Wye Valley NHS Trust (WVT) has a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) and two Associate NEDs to complement and enhance the skills on its Board of Directors. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community. The successful candidates will strengthen the financial, healthcare, and commercial challenge on the board.
The Associate Non-executive director role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieving a balance of Board level skills. Associate Non-executive directors cannot participate in any formal vote at Board.
The successful candidates for the Associate roles will be appointed by the Trust but may also be considered for appointment as a Non-executive director of the Board in future, should a vacancy arise and they have the appropriate skills.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
Post 1 – Non-executive Director
Senior level finance experience ideally with a recognised finance qualification.
Post 2 – Associate Non-executive Director
Significant experience of healthcare delivery and experience in the development and integrated care / or the implementation of healthcare policy.
Post 3 – Associate Non-executive Director
Commercial experience gained at a senior level in a large complex organisation with experience and a strong understanding of the interface between health and social care and the NHS.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
- The Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Russell Hardy, the Chair of the trust, please contact Val Jones on 01432 364000 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Anderson Quigley are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Helene Usherwood, Head of Practice on 07719 322669 or Helene@andersonquigley.com.
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Todd Fleming on 0300 123 2922 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for these roles please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
- Please forward your completed application to Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|Monitoring Form (M1940)|
|Information Pack2 (M1940)|