Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Non-executive Director/Audit Committee ChairAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Yorkshire, the Humber or Hull and the East Riding.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Richard Keighley from 1 February 2018 to 31 January 2020 as a Non-executive Director of Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust. He is entitled to receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum . Further information may be available at http://www.yas.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
04/01/2018 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
16/12/2017 at 12:00
We are recruiting a Non-executive Director for Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in the communities served by YAS across the whole of Yorkshire and the Humber including, for the purposes of the NHS 111 service, North & North East Lincolnshire and Bassetlaw.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level recent, relevant finance experience gained in a large and complex organisation with significant experience of chairing an Audit Committee, preferably, with a financial qualification.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
- closing date for receipt of applications: 4 January 2018 at 11am. Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- interview date: 11 January 2018 (afternoon)
- proposed start date: January/February 2018
Find out more
- For an informal and confidential discussion with Kathryn Lavery, the Chair of the Trust regarding the role, please contact Dawn Cronian on 01924 584066
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
|20171018 N1577 Monitoring Form|
|20171205 YAS INFO NED pack N1577|